Enjoy.

Date: 2010-05-07 09:06 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] stickplus1.livejournal.com
Oh no it never endsssssss!!11

Date: 2010-05-11 03:09 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] ellie-l.livejournal.com
Thus is the problem with infinitely repeating sets... :)

Date: 2010-05-07 10:46 pm (UTC)

Date: 2010-05-08 03:01 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] carouselsusan.livejournal.com
Is this what things are going to look like when humans are able to and actually do travel through a wormhole ?

Date: 2010-05-11 03:08 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] ellie-l.livejournal.com
I actually think that things like the vast circling at the end is extremely similar to all accounts I've heard of the 'light at the end of the tunnel' when people have near death experiences. So it might be what we see when we die and our brain tries to make sense out of the nothing its receiving from our sensory organs.

Even not that extreme, look out the window on a sunny day and rub your eyes. You'll see similar patterns start to emerge. Fractals and our brain have a lot in common.

Date: 2010-05-11 06:21 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] carouselsusan.livejournal.com
When it is in full operation, and running at full capacity, the human brain is infinitely more complex then the world's most powerful existing computer. Comparing computing power, the world's most powerful computer is like an early punch the key and pull the handle adding machine next to the human brain. Maybe the human brain uses fractals as part of it's operating systems. As far as storage capacity, the human brain has the reserves to accept all that the owner can learn in their entire lifetime, and hundreds of thousands of times more than that, too. With all that " brain power " , humans can discover fractals, as well as many other things, but one has to wonder why humans act so stupid at times!

Date: 2010-05-11 06:29 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] ellie-l.livejournal.com
It won't be long before projects like Blue Brain (http://bluebrain.epfl.ch/) are able to complete simulate a human brain. Estimates on the closer side put the year at 2013 when it will happen, extremely conservative estimates put it in the late 2030's/early 2040's.

While it is currently the most powerful computing machine in the world (that we know of and are arrogant enough to call, although there are far larger brains out there such as those of whales), is is by no means infinitely more complex. After all, it's just electri-chemical pulses bouncing around in a net repeated many many times.

Date: 2010-05-10 11:45 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] lobster-bandito.livejournal.com
Duuuuuuude. Trippy.

I think the video should be paired with http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpM8bl64wDk, actually. :)

Date: 2010-05-11 03:06 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] ellie-l.livejournal.com
Oooh, that's a great track to have playing with it!

Profile

ellie_l: (Default)
ellie_l

August 2013