ellie_l: (88 Miles per Hour)
[personal profile] ellie_l
Finally! Last night the skies were wonderfully clear and I was able to try out my new camera mount. It worked pretty well, as you can see here.

First, we revisit the moon.

Then zoom in on it...

Now here, I introduce to you, another planet

It's Jupiter, and here you can see Io on the left and Ganymede just barely on the right (it's touching Jupiter and creating a tiny bulge near the equator)

Someone was taking pictures of me as I was watching Jupiter

For comparison, here's Jupiter with just the camera

And here it is through the telescope

Now if only I can find M31...which is freakin' hard. All I saw last night were triangles, pointing it at anything else is proving difficult. I think I need to sit down one night and just map out a portion of the sky to find where I am. Also on the list of Things to Do, I want to find some way of stabilizing the telescope's tripod. The camera mount worked really well to stabilize the camera, but remaining completely still while the picture is getting taken so my feet don't ruin the shot is proving to be tricky...
From:
Anonymous( )Anonymous This account has disabled anonymous posting.
OpenID( )OpenID You can comment on this post while signed in with an account from many other sites, once you have confirmed your email address. Sign in using OpenID.
User
Account name:
Password:
If you don't have an account you can create one now.
Subject:
HTML doesn't work in the subject.

Message:

Notice: This account is set to log the IP addresses of everyone who comments.
Links will be displayed as unclickable URLs to help prevent spam.

Profile

ellie_l: (Default)
ellie_l

August 2013