Now if only I can find M31...which is freakin' hard. All I saw last night were triangles, pointing it at anything else is proving difficult. I think I need to sit down one night and just map out a portion of the sky to find where I am. Also on the list of Things to Do, I want to find some way of stabilizing the telescope's tripod. The camera mount worked really well to stabilize the camera, but remaining completely still while the picture is getting taken so my feet don't ruin the shot is proving to be tricky...

Date: 2009-09-28 02:59 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] take-walker.livejournal.com
Oh, hell yeah! :D I can even see the cloud striations in that last picture! That is an awesome piece of equipment you've got there.

Date: 2009-09-28 05:24 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] ellie-l.livejournal.com
You can see them clearer through the scope than with the camera still. Vibrations continue to throw it off. I think I need to see if I can piece together some sort of stabilizer for the tripod...

Date: 2009-09-28 09:03 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] paradox-puree.livejournal.com
Oh WOW! I can see the clouds on Jupiter there!

I totally need to get into astronomy.

Date: 2009-09-28 11:47 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] lobster-bandito.livejournal.com
*grin* You included my pic of you! Hee.

They really are some great shots there. I especially like the first moon photo you included.

Profile

ellie_l: (Default)
ellie_l

August 2013