ellie_l: (Default)
[personal profile] ellie_l
Have you ever seen the Powers of Ten video? It's a bit dated at this point (since we can see billions of lightyears out as well as interact with individual quarks and even bits of matter that pop in and out of existence all of the time), but is still accurate for where it goes.

I've heard it said that at the sizes of things we're dealing with, a god being able to care about us would be similar to us being able to care about a single atom in our body.

Also, if you think these are neat and haven't looked at my other blog Glimpsing the Future recently, there's been some good stuff over there I've been linking to (although it's more about robotics, biology, medicine, augmented reality, and where I see technology taking us than size of the universe type things)
From:
Anonymous( )Anonymous This account has disabled anonymous posting.
OpenID( )OpenID You can comment on this post while signed in with an account from many other sites, once you have confirmed your email address. Sign in using OpenID.
User
Account name:
Password:
If you don't have an account you can create one now.
Subject:
HTML doesn't work in the subject.

Message:

Notice: This account is set to log the IP addresses of everyone who comments.
Links will be displayed as unclickable URLs to help prevent spam.

Profile

ellie_l: (Default)
ellie_l

August 2013