ellie_l: (Zap!)
[personal profile] ellie_l
I found this image awhile ago and didn't link to it and regretted it ever since. Google failed me when I looked for it. But behold, the little StumbleUpon button has led me to it again!

Date: 2009-09-25 02:04 pm (UTC)

Date: 2009-09-25 04:56 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] stickplus1.livejournal.com
Well, at least we're not as small as THE MOON. God is all like, "Pff, that rock is totally lame."

Also, why the hell is V838 Monocerotis pink?

Date: 2009-09-25 06:07 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] crystalsor.livejournal.com
Well, it does end with "erotis"

Date: 2009-09-25 07:27 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] ellie-l.livejournal.com
Maybe because it's dying (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V838_Monocerotis)? Although it seems like it's doing it in a rather bizarre way...

Date: 2009-09-25 09:29 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] stickplus1.livejournal.com
So the pink color is light shining through the nebula and being...what, pink-shifted?

Date: 2009-09-25 07:29 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] ellie-l.livejournal.com
Also, we totally rule the inner planets. Venus comes close, and is pretty awesome in that its entire surface occasionally melts leaving nothing but extremely hot liquid rock.

I think we're trying to make a come back against Venus by warming our planet up as much as we can. Take that, Venus!

Date: 2009-09-25 06:20 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] zapsoekis.livejournal.com
errrg Why am I only able to see half of the image? I wanna see!!

Date: 2009-09-25 06:34 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] stickplus1.livejournal.com
Just as well. The image isn't wearing pants. It's pretty shocking.

Date: 2009-09-25 07:23 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] ellie-l.livejournal.com
Try here: http://naurunappula.com/z/353424 (http://naurunappula.com/z/353424)

It's where I found it again

Date: 2009-09-25 06:31 pm (UTC)

Date: 2009-09-25 07:02 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] septimus-rivit.livejournal.com
You may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space...

Date: 2009-09-26 03:07 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] gingergoodness.livejournal.com
Question: Why are all of the planets bigger than Earth not planets? How big is Pluto in relationship, and why did "they" decide Pluto was no longer a planet?

Date: 2009-09-26 04:11 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] greenie9.livejournal.com
I am SO showing this to my astronomy students!!!
Page generated Sep. 20th, 2017 07:17 am