ellie_l: (Phun Physics)
[personal profile] ellie_l
those with secret laboratories and those with secret laboratories on the moon!

So I bought myself a shiny new telescope because I have this awesome balcony but unfortunately there's too much light pollution in the city for me to see much with the naked eye. I took it out for the first time tonight and woah, there are so many stars up there! It's so nice to be able to see them again.

I tried taking some pictures of the moon for ya'll. They came out ok, but nowhere near as good as they could have. Probably because I had to hold the camera in place over the lens for the shot to be made. I need to pick myself up another cheap camera tripod so I can get better pictures...But anyway, take a look at these pictures of the moon and imagine them way crisper than they appear here and you can see what I see!

This one is without the telescope, just the camera resting on top of it for the picture.

Then we zoom in!

I also tried to take some pictures of Jupiter since I could see it pretty clearly (watched the big red spot for awhile as well as a bunch of its moons), but it didn't work out well. Maybe next time. I can't wait for Saturn to get away from the sun to see the rings...
From:
Anonymous( )Anonymous This account has disabled anonymous posting.
OpenID( )OpenID You can comment on this post while signed in with an account from many other sites, once you have confirmed your email address. Sign in using OpenID.
User
Account name:
Password:
If you don't have an account you can create one now.
Subject:
HTML doesn't work in the subject.

Message:

Notice: This account is set to log the IP addresses of everyone who comments.
Links will be displayed as unclickable URLs to help prevent spam.

Profile

ellie_l: (Default)
ellie_l

August 2013